Henry County Kentucky
County Clerk, Shanda Archer
Motor vehicle licensing is the most widely used service of the Franklin County Clerk’s office. When renewing your motor vehicle you have 3 options:
- Renew online: You can renew your registration online through the Kentucky Motor Vehicle Licensing System. Visit their website to get started. RENEW NOW. You will receive your completed renewal by mail in 3 – 5 business days.
- Mail-In Renewal Service: A $2.00 fee is added to cover postage and handling. Send registration certificate, current KY insurance card, and payment (plus a $2.00 mail-in fee) to our mailing address. You will receive your completed renewal by mail in 3 – 5 business days.
- Renew in Person:
When renewing your motor vehicle remember these important items:
- Proof of current Kentucky liability insurance is required for all vehicles.
- You may also provide the current registration and/or renewal notice received in the mail
- All titling transactions require odometer disclosure.
- Kentucky law requires a person purchasing a vehicle or moving an out-of-state vehicle into Kentucky to make application for title within 15 days.
- Vehicles coming from another state must have a Vehicle Identification Number inspection before titling in Kentucky.
- Motor vehicle license plates are renewed in the owners birth month with the exception of personalized and specialty plates
- Special Plates are available for additional fees. Click here to see our special plates.
Motor Boat Renewals
All motor boat registrations and transfers are handled by the County Clerk’s Office. Kentucky law requires all boats having motors to be registered if operated on public waters. To register a boat you must have your registration certificate. Boat renewals and property tax payments may be processed in the same ways that you renew a motor vehicle (see above) except by the internet.