The Henry County Clerk’s Office strives to make our recording department one of best in terms of document availability, help to find documents and the recording of said documents. We are happy to help with any sort of research you have but if you require more detailed help, we recommend you contact the Henry County Historical Society, especially if you have Genealogy questions.
There are some extra fees our Recording dept. charges beyond recording fees:
- Copies made in office are $.25 per page
- If you want a conformed copy it is $1 for the extra label
- If we have to mail copies it is $2 per document and $2 for shipping/handling
- Certified copies are $5
- If over 10 pages, an additional $2 fee will be added
- Emailed documents are $5 per document plus a service charge
- Debit – $2.50
- Credit card – 2.75%
- Our office does NOT prepare documents! We recommend calling your attorney.
- We do not recommend getting your legal documents from online websites such as LegalZoom as they rarely meet recording requirements.
The Legal Records Department is responsible for legal documents which are filed as public record.
Most online real estate records found in the database include: deeds, name changes, mechanics liens, mortgages, powers of attorney, wills, corporations, tax liens, military discharges, assignments, releases, marriages, and delinquent property taxes.
Filing fees and document particulars for the most frequently filed documents are available online.
Access to eCCLIX© record indices and document images is available for viewing from this web site. An account and password must be assigned to you by by SMI, the Website Administrator. Access fees are charged for utilizing the data and images. See the HELP topics for additional information.
NOTE: All public records (documents and indices thereof) are available for viewing in the office of the County Clerk free of charge. The fees charged for this access are intended to be utilized to continue providing this public service.